All Nitemare Performance crate engines are meticulously blueprinted and assembled to provide years of outstanding performance and reliability, using only top-quality GM or aftermarket components, including many of our own in-house engineered upgraded parts.
Our 462-inch hydraulic flat-tappet stroker engine offers significantly more power than any factory-installed Pontiac engine, yet is convenient enough for street-driven use -- even in a daily-driver.
With 575 lbs-ft of torque and 545 horsepower, our "Torque Monster" 462-inch solid, flat-tappet stroker motor is an outstanding engine for ultra-high performance street or competition use.
Reciprocating assemblies feature forged steel connecting rods, forged aluminum pistons, moly rings, and premium bearings. 400/428/455 engines feature a fully refurbished GM crankshaft. "Stroker" engines feature a forged steel, 4.25" Scat crankshaft. All reciprocating assemblies are dynamically balanced for smooth operation.
Nitemare crate engines feature our blueprinted and ported iron Pontiac cylinder heads for exceptional flow at an economical price.
The lifter valley of each crate engine is protected by one of our custom fabricated, lightweight, rust-resisting stainless steel valley pans.
Our custom-designed, SFI-approved balancer prevents your engine from shaking itself apart, plus features the proper interference fit and clears factory pulleys for a stealthy but worthwhile upgrade.
Each Nitemare Performance crate engine features a pair of our custom fabricated aluminum valve covers that feature extra-thick gasket flanges for improved sealing, aluminum construction to save weight and shed heat, tall height to clear stud girdles, plus they look cool.
Every Nitemare crate engine features extensive oil system upgrades, including a high-volume oil pump with our extra-thick pump cover plate, our Pro Series oil pump driveshaft, and our baffled, extra-capacity oil pan with matching pickup.
PONTIAC. PURE AND SIMPLE.
Each and every Nitemare Performance crate engine is painstakingly machined, blueprinted, and assembled to our exacting standards, then every engine is run on our run-stand to ensure it is leak-free, properly "broken in," and ready to run in your classic Pontiac.
All our engines feature a full suite of the components that we design and engineer in-house, selected specifically to maximize power, efficiency, and reliability for your individual engine.
And while our proven crate engine packages provide outstanding performance and value, if you have specific needs, we're happy to customize an engine to achieve your goals or satisfy race sanctioning body rules. Just give us a call at (203) 239-6868 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMPLETE ENGINE PACKAGES
All our engines are pre-run and are sold 100% complete from water pump/balancer to flywheel/flexplate and from intake to oil pan, including Nitemare fabricated aluminum valve covers with breathers and full ignition system and the best custom paint job.
|400 Pump Gas Engine|
|Fully blueprinted, GM crank, performance rods, forged pistons, hydraulic flat-tappet cam, Stage 1-ported iron heads|
|428/455 Pump Gas Engines|
|Fully blueprinted, GM crank, performance rods, forged pistons, hydraulic flat-tappet cam, Stage 2-ported iron heads|
|"455" Hydraulic Flat-Tappet Stroker|
|A slightly milder and easier to maintain version of our solid-lifter "Torque Monster" engine (below). 10.4:1 CR, 4.25" forged crank, forged rods, ARP bolts, hydraulic flat-tappet cam, Edelbrock heads and Torker II intake|
|"455" Solid Lifter Stroker|
|545 hp/576 lbs-ft 462-cube "Torque Monster" featured in Pontiac Enthusiast magazine. 10.4:1 CR, 4.25" forged crank, forged rods with upgraded bolts, 4-bolt mains, 0.600" lift solid flat-tappet cam with special lifters and restricted oil galleries, Comp Cams full-roller rockers, Jomar stud girdles, Edelbrock heads and Torker II intakeSee and hear it run.|
Check out our many options, below, to customize your engine.
All our engines are based on the following procedures and equipment, unless otherwise specified:
* All 400/428/455 blocks are boiled, mag checked, shot peened, and pressure tested
* Nitemare custom 1-inch dowel pins installed; line-honed mains
* Decks squared parallel to mains
* Bored/honed with our custom stepped torque plate, gaskets, fasteners
* Lifter valley deburred
* Front oil gallery holes tapped for 3/8" NPT
* All GM 400/428/455 cranks are boiled, mag checked, shot peened, nitrided, polished
* Blueprinted, stroke-equalized rods with 2.200" big ends
* Forged rods, full-floating pistons with moly rings, weight-equalized
* SFI-approved BHJ/Nitemare balancer (neutral balanced)
* SFI-approved flywheel or flexplate (neutral balanced)
* H rod bearings with standard main bearings
* Entire assembly dynamically, internally balanced
HEADS, CAM & VALVETRAIN
* All GM heads are sonic-tested in our shop to avoid imperfect castings.
* All D-Port heads are boiled, mag checked, glass beaded & resurfaced
* Stage 1 porting is given to 400 engines
* Stage 2 porting is given to 455 engines
* Bronze wall guides, PC seals, street/strip valve job
* Stainless steel valves, valve seals, 7/16" rocker studs
* Cometic multi-layer steel head gaskets
* Poly locks
* Nitemare/Comp blueprinted cam, high-rev lifters, matching springs
* Pro series cam plate
* Nitemare roller timing chain with bronze washer
* Nitemare timing gear-to-cam washer (when removing mechanical fuel pump eccentric)
* Roller-tip rockers and moly pushrods
OILING & IGNITION SYSTEMS, ETC.
* Nitemare Road Race oil pan for GTO or Firebird chassis with oversized bolt-on pickup
* New oil pump with Nitemare Pro 0.250" oil pump plate
* Nitemare pro-sleeved hardened oil pump drive shaft
* MSD distributor, new wires, AC plugs
* Edelbrock intake
* Billet aluminum Pro series water neck
* Pro series aluminum water nipple
* High-flow thermostat
* All-new stainless engine bolts
* Nitemare stainless steel valley pan
* Refurbished GM timing cover with all holes heli-coiled
* Super trick rebuilt production water pump.
* Custom paint job -- The Best!!!
* All engines are pre-run for 25 minutes with outer valve springs only, using a premium petroleum-based high zinc engine oil.
* Inner valve springs are reinstalled.
* Engine is run again to adjust valvetrain and set timing.
* Engines are sold 100% complete and assembled
Customize and complete your Pontiac crate engine with some of the following options, all of which are available and installed
during in-house engine break-in:
|750 cfm Quick Fuel Carb||$1,000|
|Fully disassembled and tuned on motor during break-in, with 1" power cone spacer, gaskets and stainless steel studs/nuts.|
|Front Accessory Kit||$1,300|
|Full GM pulley kit powder coated, with new Powermaster 1 wire alternator, rebuilt P/S pump with all GM powder coated brackets, new belts, flex fan/spacer, including new bolts and accurately aligning all pulleys.|
|Blueprint Powermaster/Nitemare Upside-Down Mini Starter||$350|
|3.4 hp, 4.4:1 gear-reduction, high-torque mini-starter with blueprinted solenoid, mounted to engine during build.|
|Factory pulleys & brackets|| |
|Traditional Pontiac pulleys with all related alternator/power steering brackets|
|4-Bolt main caps|| |
|Billet steel 4-bolt main caps with custom dowel pins and main studs|
|Stage 2 head porting|| |
|Additional porting for improved flow and power.|
|Stage 3 head porting|| |
|Maximum-effort porting for maximum-effort performance.|
|High compression|| |
|Elevated compression can produce more power and torque, and increase efficiency. May require additional modifications. Intended for competition engines. Requires high-octane fuel.|
|Intake manifold porting|| |
|Includes plenum and runner porting, as well as gasket-matching.|
|Remote oil filter systems|| |
|Includes Nitemare"s Pro o-ringed oil adapter block, stainless hoses, filter housing, fittings, mounting bracket and hardware to improve oil filtration and reduce oil temperatures.|
|Restricted oil lifter galleries|| |
|For solid and roller cams|
|Custom-built Turbo 400 transmissions|| |
|Available with manual or auto valve bodies|
Prices listed do not include shipping.
Shipping is available in the USA at additional cost and includes a Nitemare Performance custom-made Pontiac-specific crate.
Important information regarding international shipping costs.
For More Info:
or call (203) 239-6868