The "Pontiacs With A Purpose" Pontiac Celebration event grew out of the minds of Rick Digiacomo and PontiacRegistry.com's Larry Kummer, as a way to bring Pontiac enthusiasts together to raise money for worthy charitable organizations, after Rick's grandson was diagnosed with cancer. The 2018 recipients will be:
The Tomorrow Fund provides daily financial and emotional support for children with cancer. Support includes a clinic for treating the children, scholarships for cancer survivors, and summer camps for the children.
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation was founded in 2000 by four-year-old Alexandra Scott to raise money to give to the doctors and nurses who treated her. Since then, the foundation has raised more the $127 MILLION to fund more than 650 childhood cancer research projects at over 100 top hospitals and research centers in the U.S. and Canada. Sadly, Alex passed away in 2004 at the age of 8, but her inspiring work continues to this day, through the foundation that bears her name.
One of the headlining features of the 2018 event will occur when Nitemare Performance gives away a complete, carb-to-pan crate motor to one lucky attendee! (See details at right)
The next occurrence of the event will be held:
Sept. 21-23, 2018
Crowne Plaza Hotel
Warwick, RI (map)
For more info, contact:
Friday evening: Meet & Greet; Cruise; Music & Food
Saturday: Car Show; Tech Seminars; Swap Meet; Silent Auction; Awards Ceremony; Engine Give-Away!
Sunday: Getaway Breakfast
|[Part 6] Finishing Touches|
Poncho Perfection magazine's August 2018 issue covers final assembly of the Nitemare Performance blueprinted crate engine that's being raffled off for charity.
Upcoming issues will chronicle more of the raffle engine build, so you'll see just what goes into the engine that could wind up under your Pontiac's hood!
|[Intro] Give-Away Engine Announcement|
Poncho Perfection magazine announced the Give-Away engine in its October 2017 issue!
Upcoming issues will follow the build-up of the engine, so you'll see just what goes into the engine that could wind up under your Pontiac's hood! more info
Check out our 2009 GiveAway Engine!
See the full dyno results:
• 462 cubic inches
• 576 lbs-ft of torque
• 544 hp!
And read all about the build-up, as covered in the pages of Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine.
Winner of the
The raffle engine generated a
$10,000 donation to
Alex's Lemondate Stand and
The Tomorrow Fund!
About the engine:
The engine will have 462 cubic inch displacement and feature a flat-tappet cam, and approximately 475 HP and 525 lbs-ft. The actual give-away engine will be on display at the Nitemare Performance booth at the RI show, on our run stand for everyone to see and hear on Friday and Saturday. The actual give-away engine may differ from the picture above, in terms of appearance and actual components.
The engine build will be covered in a 6-issue series of stories in Poncho Perfection magazine!
All sponsors that contribute parts will be mentioned below. These manufacturers are the best in their field and Nitemare Performance has been using their products exclusively in all our builds for many, many years.
- blueprinted 2-bolt main, 400 block
- Nitemare ported, polished &
flowbench-tested 6X Pontiac heads
- Pro Billet Water Neck
- Pro Stainless valley pan
- Pro fabricated valve covers with breathers
- Pro cam plate
- Pro driveshaft
- Pro oil pump plate
- Pro cam washer/eccentric delete
- 69-and-later timing cover and pump plate
- cam and crank keys
- roadrace oil pan with internal dipstick tube
- copper oil pump gasket
- external dipstick tube
- water neck with Nitemare jumper line
- Nitemare trick water pump
- full factory pulley and bracket system
- complete blueprinted assembly process
- full custom paint job
- pre-running the engine for complete ring sealing and
cam/lifter break in will be performed at Nitemare
Forged, balanced rotating assembly, including:
- Forged steel crankshaft
- Forged steel connecting rods
- Forged aluminum Keith Black pistons
- Performance piston rings
- Performance main & rod bearings
- High-Output Alternator
- Powermaster/Nitemare Upside-Down High-Torque Mini Starter
- SFI-approved Pontiac-specific harmonic damper
- Complete high-performance gasket kit, including:
- Multi-Layer Steel (MLS) head gaskets
- Intake manifold gaskets
- Valve cover gaskets
- Timing cover & water pump gaskets
- Oil pan gaskets
- Carb gasket
- Fan & spacer
- Accessory drive belts
- Oil filters
- Brass freeze plug kit
- Cam bearings
- Power steering pump
- Lift plate
- Numerous fittings
Driven Racing Oil:
- 15w-50 "BR" Break-In Oil
- Hot Rod Oil
- Defender & Booster Fuel Additive
- 1-3/4" x 3" full-length ceramic-coated headers for GTO chassis
Pertronix Performance Products:
- Plug-n-Play Billet Distributor
- Flame-Thrower High-Output Ignition Coil
- Flame-Thrower 8mm Spark Plug Wires
- One-piece oil pan gasket
- One-piece Viton rear main seal
Central Connecticut Coatings:
- Powder-coat pulleys & brackets
- High-temp (top) & dry-film (bottom) coat Nitemare stainless valley pan
- Anodized aluminum Pro Model Stud Girdle
- 1-inch Power Cone phenolic carb spacer
- Anodized aluminum AN wrench set
Ferrea Racing Components:
- 8 Max Flow 2.11" stainless intake valves
- 8 Max Flow 1.77" stainless exhaust valves
National Parts Warehouse:
- ARP Engine Bolt Kit
- Custom-ground camshaft
- Pushrod guide plates
- Roller-tip rocker arms
- Rocker studs
- Valve Springs
- Valve seals
- Valve locks
- SFI-approved flex plate
- Quick Fuel Street Q 850 cfm Carburetor
- 14" Finned Aluminum Air Cleaner
- Dyno Testing
Watch this space to see all the other top-quality parts that will be going
into the give-away engine!