Nitemare Performance 462 ci Hydraulic Flat-Tappet Crate Engines are sold
100% complete and assembled, less carb and valve covers. The price is $12,500
The foundation of our 462-ci Hydraulic Flat-Tappet Stroker Crate Engine is a production, cast iron, Pontiac 400 engine block that has been boiled and magnuflux inspected for cracks, then shot-peened to minimize stress risers and harden external, exposed surfaces.
Each and every engine block is sonic tested in our shop and detailed reports are provided to the customer for their records, specifying material thickness measurements in crucial areas. Components that do not measure up to our standards are not used.
Blocks are then treated to the following processes:
- Nitemare's custom 1-inch dowel pins are installed and the main saddles and caps are line honed
- Decks are squared parallel to the mains
- Cylinders are bored and honed 0.030-inch with Nitemare's custom, stepped torque plate
- Lifter valley deburred
- Front oil gallery holes tapped for 3/8 npt
To ensure smooth rotation and high-rpm capability, our 462-ci Hydraulic Flat-Tapper Stroker Crate Engine features a fully-forged, precision neutral-balanced with blueprinted clearances.
Specific components include:
- Scat forged steel crankshaft, 4.25" stroke
- Scat forged steel connecting rods
- Keith Black forged aluminum pistons
- Moly-faced piston rings, custom-gapped
- Degreed BHJ/Nitemare Performance Harmonic Damper
- SFI-approved automatic flexplate
- Performance rod and main bearings, blueprinted clearances
CYLINDER HEADS, CAMSHAFT & VALVETRAIN
- Edelbrock Aluminum Cylinder Heads, 87 cc chambers
- ARP head bolts
- Nitemare/Comp Cams blueprinted custom-spec cam
- Comp Cams hydraulic lifters
- Nitemare roller timing chain with bronze washer
- Roller tip rockers
- Comp Cams chromemoly pushrods, custom length
OIL, IGNITION & INDUCTION SYSTEMS, ETC.
Nitemare Performance Crate Engines are finished off with only the highest-quality components, including:
All engines are pre-run for 25 minutes with outer valve springs only, using a premium petroleum based engine oil
containing 8 oz of a quality high-zinc 'break-in' additive.
Inner valve springs are reinstalled and the engine is run again to adjust valve train and set timing.
Click to see how we break-in our crate engines.
Options & Extras
Complete your engine or upgrade it with some of the following options, which are available and installed
during our in-house engine break-in process:
- Choice of top-brand carburetors
- Valve covers
- Traditional Pontiac pulleys with all related alternator/power steering brackets
- Blueprinted mini starter
- 4-Bolt main caps
- Custom-Ported Edelbrock cylinder heads
- High-compression engines
- Custom-Ported Intake manifold
- Nitemare Remote Oil Filter System with Nitemare Pro O-Ringed Oil Adapter Block, Nitemare Pro-Series Oil Filter Housing and
Nitemare firewall bracket
- Restricted oil lifter galleries for solid and roller cams
- Custom-built Turbo 400 transmissions with manual or auto valve bodies
Shipping is available in the USA with Nitemare Performance custom-made Pontiac-only crates, at an additional cost.
Email: email@example.com or call (203) 239-6868
Return to Nitemare Performance Main Page