Click here to learn about the advantages of BLUEPRINTED motors
NITEMARE PERFORMANCE 400/428/455 CRATE ENGINES
FULLY BLUEPRINTED, ASSEMBLED & TESTED IN-HOUSE
Click here to see Dyno test data on some of these motors.
TRADITIONAL PONTIAC PARTS MATTER
What gives a classic Pontiac its aura? It's a complex combination of style, racing heritage and engineering art that symbolizes performance, looks and class. An integral part of the Pontiac image is its unique and legendary V8 engine. This powerful and rugged cast iron engine is distinct from those produced by all other General Motors divisions and is single-handedly credited with launching
the muscle car era. This is why we feel that only a true Pontiac heart should beat beneath the hood of a classic Pontiac. Replacing major components like the heads, crank and block, with non-Pontiac parts, taints the heart and the soul of the muscle car it's no longer a true Pontiac, it's lost its spirit and history.
Whether it is a Ram Air 4 head or a low compression D-port head, a 4 bolt main HO block or a regular 455
block that has been blueprinted, they all say I am a real Pontiac.
At Nitemare Performance we don't make this compromise: we use genuine Traditional
Pontiac heads, blocks and cranks and produce true Pontiac engines with
power outputs from 400 hp to over 750 hp, that deserve to serve in the
engine bay of Pontiac classics.
* All production blocks are sonic-tested in our shop and components not measuring up to our standards are not used.
* All 400/428/455 blocks are boiled, mag checked and shot peened*
* Nitemare Custom 1-inch dowel pins installed and line-honed*
* Decks squared parallel to the mains
* Bored/honed with SUPER step torque plate with proper head gaskets and bolts/studs
* Lifter gallery deburred
* Front oil gallery holes tapped for 3/8 npt
* All 400/428/455 cranks are boiled, mag checked, shot peened, nitrided and polished
HEADS, VALVE TRAIN & CAM
* Blueprinted & stroke-equalized, rods 2.200" and mains 0.010" under
* Forged rods, full-floating pistons with molly rings (neutral balanced)
* All neutral balanced
* SFI-approved BHJ/Nitemare Performance Balancer (neutral balanced)
* SFI-approved flywheel or flexplate (neutral balanced)
* H rod bearings with standard main bearings
* All production heads are sonic-tested in our shop. Components not measuring up to our standards are not used.
* All D-Port heads are boiled, mag checked, glass beaded & resurfaced
* Stage 1 porting is given to 400 engines
* Stage 2 porting is given to 455 engines
* Bronze wall guides, machine for PC seals, street/strip valve job
* Stainless steel valves, valve seals, 7/16-in. rocker studs
* Poly locks, retainers, and springs
* Nitemare/Comp blueprinted cam and high-rev lifters
* Nitemare timing gear to cam washer (when removing mechanical fuel pump eccentric)
* Nitemare pro-sleeved hardened oil pump drive shaft & Nitemare
pro oiling cam plate
* Nitemare roller timing chain with bronze washer, roller tip rockers and molly pushrods
* Nitemare Road Race oil pan for GTO or Firebird chassis with oversized bolt-on pickup
BREAK-IN PROCEEDURE (click here to see how its done)
* New oil pump with Nitemare custom PRO 0.250"-thick oil pump plate
* MSD distributor, new wires, AC plugs, Edelbrock intake, high-flow thermostat
* All-new stainless engine bolts
* Nitemare stainless steel valley pan, production timing cover with all holes helicoiled. Super trick Rebuilt Production water pump.
* Custom paint job -- The Best!!!
- All engines are pre-run for 25 minutes with outer valve springs only, using a premium petroleum-based high zinc engine oil.
- Inner valve springs are reinstalled.
- Engine is run again to adjust valve train and set timing.
- Engines are sold 100% complete and assembled
* 400 pump gas engines start at $11,500
* 428/455 pump gas engines start at $12,500
To make the most complete Pontiac crate engine available, we offer the following options, all available and installed
during in house engine break-in:
* Choice of top-brand carburetors
* Traditional Pontiac pulleys with all related alternator/power steering brackets
* Blueprinted mini starters
* 4-Bolt main caps
* Stage 2 head porting
* Stage 3 Max porting
* High compression engines
* Intake manifold porting
* Remote oil filter systems (THE BEST, with the Nitemare Pro O-Ringed Oil Adapter Block
* Nitemare Pro-Series Oil Filter Housing and Nitemare firewall bracket)
* Restricted oil lifter galleries for solid and roller cams
* Custom-built Turbo 400 transmissions with manual or auto valve bodies
Shipping is available in the USA with Nitemare Performance custom-made Pontiac-specific crates, at an additional cost.
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Phone: (203) 239-6868
Click here to return to the Nitemare Performance Main Page